These are probably the easiest gluten free cookies I have ever made, but most importantly they are super delicious!
These almond chocolate chip cookies are soft in the middle and full of flavour. They also have coconut in them to add texture and give a subtle hint of coconut flavour – if your not a coconut fan you can remove this ingredient, but honestly the flavour is so subtle you may not even notice it.
This recipe is originally from one of my favourite YouTubers Ingrid Nilsen, via her vlog. They are a yummy sweet treat that doesn’t make you want to eat them all in one go, which is fairly common with baking cookies – am I right or am I right? So you can bake them for an occasion or for a secret stash when you need something sweet to keep you going.
2 cups almond flour*
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp water
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips
(*If you cannot get hold of almond flour don’t worry you can use ground almonds or a mixture of ground almonds and gluten free flour as a substitute)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180º (350ºF) and make sure you have baking parchment on a baking tray or two.
2. Add all the dry ingredients (apart from the coconut and chocolate chips) and mix.
3. Add all the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
4. When all of the ingredients are incorporated add the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
5. Take the mixture into medium sized balls and place on the baking tray leaving enough space between them. Gently flatten the balls until they are 5mm thick.
6. Place the baking tray into the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Allow to cool and enjoy them warm or cold.