Today is the day for making a list and checking it twice. You don’t want to forget anything for the big day that is TOMORROW! Who’s excited?!
To make sure you have a less stressed Christmas day it’s all about prep the day before and this post is here to give you some last minute tips that you may have not thought about, or maybe they are a friendly reminder in case the festivities get too much.
1. Firstly, if you have invited people round send a message to everyone confirming that they are still coming and the time. This way no one comes in the middle of dinner because they got the wrong time. If you’ve never made dinner for your guests doubt check if anyone has an allergy or dietary requirements.
2. Write a list of what you’re doing and every ingredient that you need – this way it’s easier to check that you have everything, and if you forgot about the sprouts – or heaven forbid the stuffing, you can pop out and get it. Don’t forget to make sure you have enough drinks too.
3. If you are strapped for time on Christmas day then make sure you prep as much as you can. For example: peel and chop potatoes and/or any root vegetables – to keep them fresh put them in bowls or saucepans of water that completely covers them.
4. For those of you that eat meat, make sure you get your meat of choice out of the fridge either the day before (if you have a cool place to store it), or if you don’t set a reminder on your phone to take it out early in on Christmas morning so it can get to room temperature before you start to cook it.
5. Breakfast. Christmas dinner might be the main event, but you shouldn’t miss out on breakfast. Yes I know, you’ve been told this but your parents, grandparents, aunties… But whether you prefer to have something light or have something a little more substantial it’s always a good idea to have options. You’ll need it for the morning / afternoon of cooking that’s to come. Need breakfast inspiration? Here are some festive breakfast ideas.
If you’re still looking for any Christmas inspiration then check out my other Christmas posts here.
As you may have guessed I’ll be taking a little break over Christmas, but I’ll be back on the 3rd January 2018. I have loads of ideas for future posts, but if you have any requests please leave me a comment or tweet me.
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and New Year ☺︎